Monday, January 31, 2011

The Journey Toward Natural

I firmy believe that the closer to nature we eat and live, the healthier we will be and the healthier the Earth will be. I try to buy organic* foods when we can, use natural cleaners, and try to limit our exposure to toxins and plastics.

I started eating largely organically and shopping at a co-op when I was pregnant with my first child, my son, but probably the biggest steps I've taken toward living naturally came after my son was about 4 years old. We discovered that he is sensitive to artificial colors and preservatives (a long story for another post), so we avoid them as much as possible. This has lead me even further down a path toward healthfulness, for which I will always be grateful to him.

_______
* My opinion on organic foods has become a lot more complex recently.  I've moved more towards sustainable foods--grass fed beef and dairy, local agriculture, etc.  More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment